“Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” – the White Queen, Alice in Wonderland.
Have you ever been daydreaming and you find yourself wishing for things that you know could never happen or won’t happen for a very long time? I am always coming up with some moonstruck desires for my future or for our world that I really just wish would become a reality. Here are my six impossible things:
1. A world where social media did not exist. Imagine it, full on human interaction with stimulating conversation and proper interpersonal skills? What a world that would be. Of course social media has brought us all closer together and changed the face of business forever but it can never beat being in the same room as the person you are interacting with. Who needs to be looking at their screens constantly when you have all these stars?
2. I would love to be able to transport from one place to another in the blink of an eye, kind of like in Harry Potter when they apparate, you know? I often think of this when I am driving because I rather dislike driving long distances. I think this would be an amazing experience that could not only bring different cultures and worlds together but also make us happier people because we would be able to see our loved ones from far away more often. Maybe if this were possible we would have never invented social media. Why haven’t we figured this out yet?
3. Fairies. Yes actual fairies like in the movie FairyTale. I used to have dreams about fairies when I was a little girl. They would be dancing around my room and singing to me. I don’t know if I should think that it was magical or borderline crazy but either way I love the idea of fairies. I also would make little fairy homes on the beach hoping I would come back to find them there. I was a very optimistic little girl.
4. A world where stress did not exist. We all know that stress is constantly simmering beneath our calm facades and that our world is ridden with depression and anxiety because of it. Let’s just eliminate stress all together so we can all live happily ever after (just like Denmark).
5. A world where I could eat dozens and dozens of macarons because all dessert would have no calories. Need I say more?
6. A closet the size of a small bedroom (like these) overflowing with diamonds, pearls, classy shift dresses, bright & colorful clothing, well made shoes and matching pajama sets. OK maybe this one isn’t completely impossible…
What would be on your list of impossible things?