Well this past semester has been quite the challenge, but I have made it through. With one week left in my undergraduate career I am reminiscent but also feel ready to move on to something exciting and new. This blog has been a great tool for me to get my feet wet in the blogging world, I have explored and learned quite a bit about blogging and how it works. I have especially learned a lot from all you! To all of you who have read my blog and maybe even learned something, thank you! It has been wonderful to know that my blog was valued and useful, I felt like I became part of something bigger than myself.
It is fitting that a chapter in my life is coming to a close as I begin to close up this chapter in my blogging career as well. I hope to keep blogging again soon, possibly in another format, maybe even in a professional capacity, hopefully on a more specific topic that will bring me even closer to you all!
Keep an eye out for me in your internet travels and more importantly keep an eye on your own personal goals. In the meantime strive for excellence in all that you do, know that you really are unstoppable, and most importantly never stop looking for your next adventure.
If I woke up tomorrow and found $10,000 on my dresser and found out that all my plans for the next week were canceled I would probably weep with excitement and relief. I am the kind of person that overextends myself to the point where I can’t get anything done which seriously heightens my stress and anxiety levels. If I woke up tomorrow with $10,000 and seven days worth of plans canceled I would make it the most stress and care free week of my life.
I would begin by hiring an assistant, her name would be Andrea, I don’t know why it just seems fitting. Andrea would be in charge of making sure everything went smoothly so I did not have to worry about a thing. Did I mention I am also a huge worrier?
Andrea’s first task would be to make an appointment for a spa day. Manicures, pedicures and massages, you know, the works. Andrea would definitely get to come too, she will have earned it after putting up with me. Andrea would then make arrangements for my boyfriend and I to fly off to New York city for two nights, where we would eat in little Italy, go shopping on 5th ave, go dancing and stay at the Ritz.
I would then do something I have always wanted to do, which is give back to the school that has given me so much. I would donate as much money needed to plant a lustrous garden in a spot on campus I feel like doesn’t get much love. We have this coy pond and green houses behind one of the academic buildings that could be a really nice place to sit near or walk through but it has become really run down and abandoned almost. I would spend a few days planting flowers and cleaning up the area. I could even donate a bench that would have one of those placards on it engraved with my name, that would be pretty cool.
After the garden was finished I would go to a book store and buy lots of books so that I could spend the rest of the week reading, like I said, I never have enough time to read.
“Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” – the White Queen, Alice in Wonderland.
Have you ever been daydreaming and you find yourself wishing for things that you know could never happen or won’t happen for a very long time? I am always coming up with some moonstruck desires for my future or for our world that I really just wish would become a reality. Here are my six impossible things:
1. A world where social media did not exist. Imagine it, full on human interaction with stimulating conversation and proper interpersonal skills? What a world that would be. Of course social media has brought us all closer together and changed the face of business forever but it can never beat being in the same room as the person you are interacting with. Who needs to be looking at their screens constantly when you have all these stars?
2. I would love to be able to transport from one place to another in the blink of an eye, kind of like in Harry Potter when they apparate, you know? I often think of this when I am driving because I rather dislike driving long distances. I think this would be an amazing experience that could not only bring different cultures and worlds together but also make us happier people because we would be able to see our loved ones from far away more often. Maybe if this were possible we would have never invented social media. Why haven’t we figured this out yet?
3. Fairies. Yes actual fairies like in the movie FairyTale. I used to have dreams about fairies when I was a little girl. They would be dancing around my room and singing to me. I don’t know if I should think that it was magical or borderline crazy but either way I love the idea of fairies. I also would make little fairy homes on the beach hoping I would come back to find them there. I was a very optimistic little girl.
4. A world where stress did not exist. We all know that stress is constantly simmering beneath our calm facades and that our world is ridden with depression and anxiety because of it. Let’s just eliminate stress all together so we can all live happily ever after (just like Denmark).
5. A world where I could eat dozens and dozens of macarons because all dessert would have no calories. Need I say more?
6. A closet the size of a small bedroom (like these) overflowing with diamonds, pearls, classy shift dresses, bright & colorful clothing, well made shoes and matching pajama sets. OK maybe this one isn’t completely impossible…
What would be on your list of impossible things?
“There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends.
I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” – Jane Austen
Recently friendships have been causing me to be stressed out, frustrated and flat out unhappy. I have a good but big group of very close friends but sometimes there are too many of us to keep up with everyone and to make sure everyone is happy. On top of that there is usually some sort of conflict within the group that may make an outing awkward or uncomfortable for some. I am usually the planner in my group of friends so it is easy to get overwhelmed trying to coordinate everyone to hang out. The other day was the breaking point for me and I chose to just go with the flow. It was a really nice change of pace to be able to say “I’ll be happy doing whatever, lets just do it.”
I was still feeling pretty frustrated and I really missed one of my best friends and roommates from last semester who is in Disney through August so I called her the other night at 11:30 pm(normal best friend phone call time). Who knew a phone call after a month of not talking would really do the trick? We talked for 2 hours about life, our friends, school and the decisions I have to make soon about post-grad (is that going to be me?). The conversation really brought me back down to earth and helped me to remember that there are always going to be those friends who really understand you, for you.
Thanks for reading. How do you deal with your friends when things get to be too much? Do you have those friends in your life you can really rely on?